MOMMY MAKEOVER PROCEDURE
How Long Does Surgery Take?
A mommy makeover is typically performed as an outpatient surgery, meaning you can go home the same day. The length of the surgery depends on what procedures you have with your mommy makeover.
Should the makeover need more than six hours total, it might be advised, for your safety, to split the mommy makeover into two separate surgeries. You can have the second surgery three months after the first.
Time in Surgery
- Tummy Tuck: 1.5 to two hours for a mini tummy tuck, or two to three hours for a full tummy tuck
- Breast Augmentation: One to two hours
- Breast Lift: One to three hours
- Breast Reduction: Three to four hours
- Liposuction: 30 minutes, depending on which areas are treated
Before Surgery Begins
As we prepare you for surgery:
- incision guidelines will be drawn on your skin for the surgical techniques we plan to use;
- we will place noninvasive monitors for your blood pressure, heart rate, and oxygen saturation;
- an IV will be inserted to deliver general anesthesia, fluids, a sedative, and pain medication to your body.
Tummy Tuck Procedure
During the procedure, your surgeon will give your abdomen a flatter, firmer appearance by tightening the muscles of your abdominal wall and removing excess fat and skin from your middle and lower abdomen.
Breast Augmentation Procedure
The surgeon will place breast implants behind your breast tissue or muscle during breast augmentation. The incisions will be hidden either along the areolas or under your breasts.
Breast Lift Procedure
During a breast lift, any excess skin from your breasts will be removed, and the surrounding breast tissue will be reshaped. They will also reposition your areolae and nipples and close the incision to tighten the remaining skin and lift your breasts. They might also reduce the size of your areolae.
Breast Reduction Procedure
During a breast reduction procedure, any excess fat, tissue, and skin from your breasts will be removed. At the same time, the size of your areolae may be reduced, and your surgeon may lift your breasts and make them more even in size.
A thin hollow tube (cannula) will be inserted through several small incisions during your liposuction. This will loosen and suction the fat from your body.
After Your Surgery
After your procedure, you will rest in a recovery room for around two hours. At that time, you should be ready to go home and will need someone to drive you. Before you leave, we will show you how to care for your drains if you have them. Depending on your procedures, we will also fit you with light bandages, compression garments, and a surgical bra. And if you didn’t already receive them, we will prescribe medications for you to help manage your pain and other symptoms.